WHO Ebola News – Latest Updates, Publications on the Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak
- Ebola publications: Case management, infection prevention and controlon Feb 10 2020 at 10:29
Publications and documents related to Ebola infection prevention and control, and case management
- Frequently asked questions on Ebola virus diseaseon Jul 12 2019 at 17:05
Frequently asked questions on Ebola virus disease: about the disease, symptoms, infections, transmission of the virus, Ebola vaccine.
- Ebola Survivor Program: From Patient to Caregiveron Feb 20 2019 at 00:45
As he does every month, Faustin Kalivanda, a father of four, returns to the Beni General Hospital for a check-up. But this isn’t a routine check-up. Kalivanda has survived Ebola and was under treatment at this very hospital until November. He lost his wife and their five-year-old daughter Ester to the disease. He still remembers not only the disease but also the people who helped him recover.
- Healthy baby born to mother who survived Ebolaon Feb 13 2019 at 00:45
Dressed in pink, Sylvana, who is only five days old, lies in her mother’s arms. Her mother, Joséphine Ekoli, 28 is happy that she gave birth to a healthy baby after recovering from Ebola. Ekoli was infected with the virus and admitted to an Ebola treatment centre supported by WHO in December 2018. “You have to be careful; I had a safe birth. I thank God for allowing me to have a safe birth. Now I recovered, I do not have any diseases, and the baby was born healthy. I am very grateful for the great work that the team is doing. The mothers should not be afraid of dying from serious diseases. They are doing a good job at the hospital and the clinic,” says Ekoli.
- Situation reports: Liberiaon Jul 26 2016 at 00:13
Essential health services situation reports: Liberia
- Health security and health systems strengthening - an integrated approachon Jul 7 2016 at 16:13
An integrated approach to health security and health systems strengthening after outbreaks.
- Latest updates on the Ebola outbreakon Jun 9 2016 at 01:54
2016: Top stories on the Ebola outbreak
- Ebola situation reports: archiveon May 12 2016 at 00:09
WHO situation reports: archive page with epidemiological data and updates on the Ebola response.
- West Africa Ebola outbreak: Fundingon Apr 28 2016 at 00:07
WHO: Funding requirements to cover Ebola response, preparedness, safe reactivation and early recovery of health systems
- Ebola response fundingon Apr 20 2016 at 16:22
WHO Ebola response: funding contributions made by donors
- The role of training in the West Africa Ebola responseon Apr 20 2016 at 00:30
WHO commissioned a review of Ebola training, which was conducted by an independent, external body.
- Liberia and Guinea step up coordination to stem new cases of Ebolaon Apr 7 2016 at 00:30
WHO and Ministry of Health teams in Guinea and Liberia have established epidemiological links between new Ebola cases in Liberia and a current flare-up of Ebola in neighbouring Guinea following intensified case investigations and contact tracing.
- Emergency response to Ebola flare underway in Liberia. Case investigation widens to Guineaon Apr 4 2016 at 00:30
WHO and Ministry of Health teams in Liberia and Guinea are investigating the origins of transmission in Liberia’s latest flare-up after learning that a woman who died from Ebola in Liberia last week had recently travelled from Guinea with her three young children.
- Ebola mapson Mar 30 2016 at 11:35
Maps from WHO Ebola Situation Reports: Location of laboratories and ETUs, geographical distribution of cases in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.
- Hundreds of contacts identified and monitored in new Ebola flare-up in Guineaon Mar 22 2016 at 00:30
More than 800 contacts Ebola cases in Guinea’s southern prefecture of Nzérékoré have been identified and placed under quarantine for medical monitoring in a bid to contain a new flare-up of Ebola virus disease.
- New Ebola cases confirmed in Guinea as WHO warns of more possible flare upson Mar 18 2016 at 09:30
WHO has dispatched a team of specialists to the southern prefecture of Nzérékoré after 2 new cases of Ebola were detected and confirmed in a rural village.
- Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone "effectively managing" Ebola flare-upson Mar 16 2016 at 09:30
Confidence in the capacity of the 3 Ebola-impacted countries to effectively manage residual risks of new Ebola infections—pointing to the rapid containment of recent flare-ups of the disease.
- Progress in the Ebola responseon Mar 15 2016 at 09:30
Thanks to the diligence and dedication of tens of thousands of responders, scientists, researchers, developers, volunteers, and manufacturers, we now have diagnostics, a vaccine, registered foreign medical teams, and thousands of trained responders who can rapidly deploy to outbreaks.
- Ebola: Information for the general publicon Mar 1 2016 at 15:07
What you need to know about Ebola virus disease: information, messages for general public
- Ebola: Infection prevention and control implementation and progress updateson Feb 19 2016 at 23:59
Place: Monrovia, Liberia Dates: 17-19 February 2016 The main objectives of the meeting are: to discuss the current status of infection prevention and control (IPC) and water, sanitation activities in health-care facilities in countries; to share strategic plans for IPC and WASH improvement in the context of health systems recovery for medium-/long-term objectives; to establish a mechanism for continuous sharing of IPC documents, tools and progress reports.
- Caring for Ebola survivors: Supporting survivors to recover their lives and livelihoodson Feb 2 2016 at 00:45
WHO is committed to provide quality assistance to Ebola survivors for medical, social and psychosocial issues.
- Ebola outbreak 2014 - present: How the outbreak and WHO's response unfoldedon Feb 2 2016 at 00:45
WHO and its partners are now in Phase 3 (August 2015 to mid-year 2016) with the overarching goal to interrupt all remaining chains of Ebola transmission.
- Infection prevention and control, and patient safetyon Feb 1 2016 at 16:13
Infection prevention control (IPC) and patient safety is an essential component of safe essential health services to prevent the transmission of infection and stop new outbreaks.
- Ebola publications: Community engagement, social mobilization, and communicationon Jan 27 2016 at 12:27
Publications and documents on social mobilization related to Ebola
- Infographics, posters on Ebolaon Jan 25 2016 at 15:07
Ebola infographics: travel, Ebola response
- Persistent virus in people recovering from Ebola virus diseaseon Jan 18 2016 at 01:27
A growing volume of data from careful clinical observation and testing of people who have recovered from acute Ebola virus disease indicates that the Ebola virus can persist at various sites in the body for many months in some people.
- Ebola: Technical guidance documents for medical staffon Jan 17 2016 at 15:07
Publications and other documents related to Ebola for medical staff.
- Building a fit-for-purpose workforceon Jan 15 2016 at 16:13
WHO is supporting and building the capacity of ministries of health and partners to identify and address critical health worker issues and capability gaps, health workforce recruitment needs.
- Research and Development: diagnostics, vaccines and therapieson Jan 3 2016 at 15:22
Publications and documents on Ebola vaccines